Sunday, September 27, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to Sam Rounds' Media Journal.

This blog will serve to function as the required journal for my Media and Identity course, and as such will primarily highlight any responses, insights, and ideas stemming from our assigned readings and class discussions.

But in creating this blog, I was motivated to eschew the traditional journal format; in other words I sought to escape the realm of the physical and to publish my thoughts into a digital existence. By creating a journal online I have made something that can be seen by not just my professor, Dr. Anna Akbari, but by anyone in the world to whom my analysis may be relevant. My posts can be commented on by my instructors or my peers, can be edited and made more relevant over time, and can combine many forms of media (video, sound, photography, etc), to help support the ideas and works of history's great media theorists.

So in creating my journal as a blog website, I am essentially creating an analogy for modern media in the internet age. Technology today has allowed even the tech-illiterate (see: Me) a chance to share their ideas and opinions with the world. I look forward to taking advantage of this opportunity, while hopefully providing a thoughtful and interesting analysis on the role of media in shaping our various identities.

Thanks for visiting the site

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment